Write Actionscript 3 that runs WAY FASTER on any iOS or Android Device!
Jeremy Hicks shares his experience developing Yin the Master of Yo, a fast running Flash-created iPhone game, in this multi-session tutorial series. Here’s what Jeremy has to say about the adventure ahead…
“Many of you have been working in Flash and Actionscript for years or even a decade. So have I. Actionscript has grown to be a robust and powerful programming language but it comes at a cost of CPU and memory. The very two things that are glaringly limited on the iPhone and iOS devices. If you’ve tried to export your fast-paced game or app to iPhone with little to no modifications you might have come across this reality. Here’s what this course will do for you…
– Teach you to think different about the Actionscript language.
– Learn new variables types and pass on some old CPU-hungry favorites ( like Movieclips )
– Discover new programming paradigms that can unleash the full potential of your game.
– Program a complete game running at 40fps with animation, interaction, scoring, collision, and sound.
– Work towards not just creating an app, but an app engine.
Get ready to relearn your favorite programming language”
Session 1 – 5 Hours!
As Yoda said, you must unlearn what you have learned. And that’s a lot of what Session 1 focuses on. Past Actionscript-programmers will need to unlearn using movieclips. Movieclips create too much CPU overhead. Instead you’ll learn how to use Sprite Sheets and Blitting techniques for rapidly displaying frames of art.
Highlights for this session include…
– Exporting artwork for sprite sheets
– Using Texture Packer to create sprite sheets
– Converting the JSON output from Texture Packer to an Actionscript object
– Texture Map for reading in the converted JSON object from Texture Packer as an Actionscript object of coordinates
– Building the Image Class
– Creating Vector Objects, an optimized array to use less memory in the processor at run-time
– Good coding habits for clearing out references to prevent memory leaks
– Animation Classes that extend the Image Class for frame sequences
– Learn alternatives to Event Listeners to reduce CPU overhead and possible memory leaks
– Use Resource Loader to manage references so you only have one copy of a resource in memory
– Application Model Class, all of the application’s core data will go in this class to reduce replication and runaway code
– Extending the Entity Class for the Ninja and Enemy Class
– Moving enemies across the screen
– Object Pooling with the Enemy Pool
– When to use Timers vs Enter Frame
– Collision detection
– User interaction
– Keeping score
– How to deploy to the iPhone for a true test of the memory usage and frame per second rates.
Affiliate Builder Link for this product: http://www.payloadz.com/go/jump?id=1561343&aff_id=#####
Affiliates should replace the ##### with their Affiliate ID. Register for your ID here
Affiliates will earn a fee for ANY product purchased on CartoonSmart by a referral not just the product they initially land on.
More images to use for promoting this product…